We recognize that financial considerations are an important part of any medical care, especially in the decision to pursue fertility treatments. Our financial counselors are at your service to explain the cost of treatment and to help you understand extent of your infertility insurance benefit prior to initiating therapy.
Benefit Verification Guidelines
We understand that dealing with the insurance companies regarding your infertility coverage might be a little intimidating at first glance. In order to protect yourself from incurring fees that may not be covered by your insurance plan we encourage you to obtain written verification of your benefits.
The insurance companies have specific guidelines to help you determine the extent of your fertility benefits. They are obligated to provide you with this information. Typically, the information is delivered only in response to specific questions asked by the insured and some important information may be omitted unintentionally.
- To verify insurance benefits please refer to the customer service phone number printed on your insurance card. We recommend that you do the following:
- Specifically ask for benefits relating to: In Vitro Fertilization and Artificial Insemination
- Obtain name of customer service representative giving you information,
- Document date and time of phone call,
- Request written confirmation of benefits.
- Review benefits booklet, this is provided by your employer if you are part of a group plan. Copy section that pertains to infertility benefits if applicable.
- If treatment is covered by your insurance plan, you will need to supply written confirmation of benefits to the business office. This should be in letter format from your insurance carrier, or copies from your benefits book.
- To assist you in obtaining this information we work with Fertility Lifelines, an independent, third-party organization that helps people understand their fertility benefits. We supply each new patient with a Fertility Lifelines benefits verification form when we send out the new client paperwork. This form may be returned to SCF with your new client paperwork, and we will fax it in for you.
- If treatment is not covered by your insurance plan, payment is due at the time service.